Home Medical Device Retail Exemptee Training
California’s Home Medical Device Retail laws (AB1496 and SB724) require that companies carrying items needing a prescription have exemptees (or pharmacists) responsible for the distribution of these items. In order for a company to be compliant with this regulation, their designated exemptee(s) must complete training recognized by the California Department of Public Health, Food and Drug Branch.
Millennium Management Services, in partnership with the California Association of Medical Products Suppliers (CAMPS), provides this training several times a year at various locations in California. Visit www.campsone.org “Events” section for the Online training course.
Course topics include:
- Dispensing/Furnishing Dangerous Devices
- Devices Prohibited without a Physician’s Prescription
- Interpretation of physician’s prescription
- Handling prescriptions that are unclear
- Meeting patient’s needs when carrying out an order
- Providing devices in the event of an emergency
- Specified Locations for Legend Items
- Storage of Dangerous Devices
- Required Record Keeping & Policies
- The United States Pharmacopoeia standards that apply to the storage and handling of drugs.
- Practical ways of complying in storage, handling and distributing dangerous devices.
- Medical terminology as it relates to prescriptions: appropriate abbreviations, dosages and format.